The energy-saving manure drying system for laying hens kept in cages
AirPaddle is a manure drying system newly developed by Big Dutchman for our wellproven UniVent manure belt system for layers. AirPaddle is installed beneath the bird area, directly above the manure belt. It can be easily accessed at any time and is a simple, but very effective, manure drying system.
- fully mechanical system that works without needing any type of fan so is very energy-saving;
- significant reduction of ammonia emissions to the environment;
- efficient use of warm air already inside the house for manure drying;
- no space lost at bird level because AirPaddle is installed below the lower wire grilles;
- easy and thorough cleaning after each batch;
- low system weight for even greater energy savings;
- paddles made mostly from plastic: no corrosion, long service life;
- simple maintenance: individual parts are easy to replace, if necessary;
- cost-efficient system.