Feed storage and feed transport
Big Dutchman offers high-quality silos for inside and outside use along with all the accessories required for hygienic feed storage. This includes:
- silos made of galvanized sheet steel;
- silos made of glass-fibre reinforced plastic;
- inside silos made of Trevira fabric.
Select the right silo of the appropriate size from a wide range of different products. All systems can be filled pneumatically or by auger. The respective silo size depends on daily feed consumption and required storage time.
- high-quality zinc-aluminium coating of all steel parts and use of glass-fibre reinforced plastic (GRP) for improved corrosion protection and a long service life;
- trouble-free feed discharge due to optimum degree of slope in the silo funnel;
- silo boot is either rigid or flexible, adjustable from 0° to 45° and ensures absolute operational safety;
- roof shape allows use of the entire volume of the silo;
- GRP silos are transparent, therefore making it easy to check the feed level;
- high functional reliability.
Spirals, augers and conveyor chains
With Big Dutchman conveying systems, your feed – be it meal, pellets or crumbles – passes from the silo into the house safely and without any loss of quality. The product range includes spirals, augers and conveyor chains of different sizes. For conveying capacities of up to 4.5 t/h, spirals are used.
When capacities are higher or pitches reach up to 75°, an auger is the ideal option. Conveyor chains should be selected for very long conveying lengths and complicated building layouts. The feed runs in a circuit in this case.
- our FlexVey conveying spiral consists of high-quality and extremely flexible spring steel;
- feed can be transported into the house around bends of up to 90° safely, quickly and without being separated;
- good conveying capacity;
- completely closed conveying system;
- universal application;
- fast and easy assembly;
- can be driven by means of a V-belt motor or a gear motor.