BD plastic slat
Big Dutchman has developed a new plastic slat for ducks in cooperation with the Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences and other experienced experts. The new slat has been designed specifically for the requirements of ducks and can be used in houses completely or partially laid with plastic flooring. The slat improves hygiene and helps reduce the required amount of litter material. Water splashed from nipple or cup drinkers drains easily if the drinkers are installed above the plastic flooring. A further advantage is the improved climate situation in the house.
The webbed feet of ducks are very sensitive, especially compared to chicken feet. We therefore focused on the slats’ surface structure and the shape of the links during the development of the new flooring. The new BD plastic slat has a size of 1200 x 600 mm and is ideally suited for the rearing and growing of Muscovy and Pekin ducks.
- thanks to the small size of the apertures (19 x 19 mm), the slats are suited even for day-old ducklings;
- the slightly rounded links ensure that the manure drains easily, creating optimum hygiene conditions;
- thanks to the width of the links and the non-slip surface, the ducks do not slip on the plastic flooring;
- less litter material is required and the house climate is improved thanks to the slat;
- the slat is made of high-quality polypropylene and has a long service life.